- Across the country, there are 400,000 children in foster care.
- In Idaho, there are 1,300 children in foster care.
- In the U.S., about 20,000 foster youth are emancipated yearly.
Aging-out youth face tremendous adversities, and many of them personally experience the reality of devastating statistics.
- Up to 29% of former foster youth experience homelessness by age 24.
- About 1 in 4 Idaho foster youth have not graduated high school or gotten a GED by the time they are 19.
- About 30% of Idaho foster youth have been incarcerated by the time they are 19.
- Only 1 in 4 Idaho foster youth are employed at age 21.
To successfully grow into viable maturity, aged-out youth need a supportive environment like JEMfriends. Click on these links below to learn more about how we support aging-out youth and how you can partner with us.